Wednesday, June 18, 2014

L'Assasymphonie

All you who love stories, gather round...

Song: "L'Assasymphonie" (or "The Assassinate Symphony") by Mozart L'Opera Rock
Lyrics: (orig and transl) lyrictranslate
Theme: Autor (and jealousy)
Spoilers: No (lack of context if it's not already known)


Review: This. All of this. *gestures* YES.
I have to admit that this was the first time I heard this song, and I LOVE the song, so there is a wee bit of bias. BUT it and the video together are just fantastical, and that's what I'm commenting on here. I will endeavor to say what I can about this amazingtastical video, but again today I am limited on the amount of time I have, so I'll get going!
First off: That intro. Beautiful setup. It's a bit questionable in the first few seconds, but it just draws you in and within 20 seconds you have the entire premise of the tone, feelings, characters, etc. It's gorgeous.
The interspersing of talking and such with Autor's stalking is great. Really sets a 'hold-it-in-yet-ready-to-burst' feel, and the music/talking draws you in. And his utter joy at Fakir's frustrations... Throughout the video! Always gives me chills. Alwaaayyysss. And looking up the lyrics just makes it more epic! "I dedicate my nights/ to the assasymphony/ To requiems/ killing by frustration/... I confess I curse/ all those who love each other." Interspersed with the happy faces of all who are enamored with Fakir, or at least are fans... Mraaahh. Fantastical.
Then the next verse. Drosselmeyer. Even if you don't know the words, it's obvious that he's taunting Autor. A lot. And it gets to Autor. And then, he throws water on the pedigree chart, which he pretty much reveres for the connections it shows with Drosselmeyer. The words give even more light on this: "I deny/ the fatal heresy/ Which gnaws at my soul/" Immediately following, his confrontation with the bookstore owner is "I want to be reborn/ To be reborn." O___o Goodness symbolism and overlapping! I just... wow. That's epic.
And then.......... There's the... assassination of Fakir. ._. Yes. It is beautifully exemplified, the watch-checking is just like Autor, and... and... *spaz*
Then. Theeeen there's Drossy again. Muttering and being the voice in the back of Autor's head. But it's also Autor muttering to himself. And the lyrics are analogies with music, and very well done! How things seem wrong, off... Perhaps the scene with Fakir resisting Autor is a flashback or something.
Becuase then! Then we get to a part where Autor is rescuing Fakir~! Like he had second thoughts about the assassination! Or, since we see writing, perhaps Autor wrote something that actually changed things so that Fakir would live...? I don't even know.
BUT THEN. He leads Fakir into the place, and he's got crows waiting for him!! Like another assassination! Or attack or something!
But then, after a while, even though Fakir collapses, Autor lets Duck in to see him... Perhaps he's not entirely dead, just really beat up because Autor wanted revenge/to take out anger on him in some fashion. Or... maybe he didn't make it...? I can't tell. Both are crazy and awesome and just-
And then Drossylmeyer. It has to end with him. Laughing. *wide-eyed-serious-face*

Ok, so when I get frantic, especially about things I enjoy, I type more. But really. And real quick, as if the video in and of itself weren't enough, the effects/clip usage was FAN-BARKING-TASTICAL. Really. The color changes made connections yet were still slightly confusing, but in a good way that makes me want to sit down and watch it repeatedly to figure out what the meaning was or if I'm missing a deeper portion. And how everything led to one another... and just... Grah. I love this. A lot.
<3
(and just for future reference, most every one of the videos that this creator puts up is of similar quality. Those will probably get similar rants of awesome.)

Overall Rating: FF 10/10 (and normal 10/10 too, I'd think)

No comments:

Post a Comment