Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hero

All you who love stories, gather round...

Song: "Hero" by Skillet
Lyrics: azlyrics
Theme: Autor/Duck, Fakir/Rue
Spoilers: No


Review: This is a very interesting video, mostly for me because I'd never heard of the Autor & Duck pairing before finding this video. Now I will have to say that, even with the video, it's not really something I can see very easily. Nor is Fakir & Rue for me, but it's at least more plausible. Although that's mostly because of a personal headcannon of mine that they're actually related... But that doesn't talk for the quality of the video.
I love this song. And it's actually rather good for the series, too. For the topic of pairings, I think it fits with Fakir & Rue fairly well - both of them are desperately trying to be their own heroes, superhumans (and sometimes partially succeeding), but never are quite enough. The need another person, they need help. I really love the overlays with Fakir and the knight symbolism, how he tries to be that but he's not. The parts with the oak tree are aptly placed, too. And then Rue, who just tries everything within her power... and it's still not enough.
With Autor and Duck, I can see the saving on Duck's side a little bit, but it's not as nicely fitted. There is a bit of a nice piece near the middle where it seems Fakir's about to get onto Autor regarding Duck, but then she (or Autor?) convinces him otherwise... It took me a few times to catch it, though.
I also kind-of like the ending. I have to say kind-of, because it also confuses me. I don't really know what's happening, or being conveyed. But it's put together well enough that I still like it.
That brings me to the overall video compilation. Tis very well put together! Despite my hesitancy regarding the theme, I still enjoy this video. The timing is great, and the effects are generally used very well. There does seem to be an abundance of effects, though, like the creator was almost having too much fun with them, but it still works pretty well overall.
I enjoy this video. It puts forth some different pairings pretty well, and it makes the clips work for the song/vise versa.
Sorry, but I'm running short on time so that' all I can say!

Overall Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment