Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Book I'm Afraid To Write

All you who love stories, gather round...

Song: "The Book of my Life" by Sting
Lyrics: azlyrics
Theme: Fakir & writing
Spoilers: Yes


Review: This. All of this. It's beautiful.
First of all, the combination of the clips and the tune of the song really compliment each other well. Fakir's story is portrayed in a subdued manner, and while he is quite adamant and insistent in his own way, he always does so quite calmly. It's when he starts yelling at Mytho that we realize Fakir's losing his cool. The song goes with that kind of emotional range really well.
The lyrics... I don't think I can talk enough about how awesomely the lyrics match up in the short amount of time I have today, so just go and read the lyrics. And then rewatch the video. The... I don't know how to say it; the 'complimentarity' is striking and really quite obvious. If you're feeling lazy, then make a note to do it later. It is worth it.
The timing and effects are also really nicely done here. Not a lot of effects needed with this type of song, and the overlays are used well. Everything flows really nicely, and I really like this a lot!
I will say, though, that it doesn't 'grip' me. Maybe it's the lull of the song, or something... I like Sting, and this video is expertly made. But this isn't something that I'll be daydreaming about while I do other things, or obsess over. So while I highly recommend this video, I can't quite give it a perfect rating.
Unfortunately, I've not got a lot of time to expound upon things today, so this is what I can do for now.

Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment