Sunday, May 11, 2014

Akt 1: IntroDucktion

Haha, yes, I'm so clever. Now, aren't you curious as to what you're actually delving into?

Gather round, all you who love stories...

I have an intense love for Princess Tutu. Since I do not have many skills of my own to convey that love, I indulge in others' talents. As a result, I have accumulated quite a collection of Princess Tutu videos on Youtube. I have a specific playlist for it, but I want to share all the wonderful videos I have found! So I'm going to try to update at least once a day with a new video and some commentary on it.

That being said, there will undoubtedly be spoilers if you haven't seen the entire series. Since the series is around 10 years old now, though, I don't feel the need to put WARNINGS on every single one of them. Because really, having seen quite a number of Princess Tutu videos, I can count the non-spoilery ones on one hand. I will note them in my posts, of course, so if you wish to share a video that won't completely give everything away, there will be some of those. But mostly it will be for those who already know what has happened, although that's not to say those who don't know won't enjoy the videos. There are quite a few that, even without context, are quite beautiful (or fun or what-have-you). But things carry more meaning when in context, so if you haven't finished, maybe these videos will give you incentive! And then you can go back and enjoy them even more!

The variety of videos I'll be posting range from the deep and heart-rending, to the silly and hilarious. I'll be posting my personal opinion/take on them as I post them, and you can comment on your take in the comments! That'll make it more fun for everyone.
And, of course, don't forget to go to the actual Youtube page and let the original creator know your thoughts, or at least favorite it! They appreciate all feedback, because it shows that the fandom is not dead, and their work is still appreciated.


"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted glory."

Princess Tutu is created by Ikukoh Itoh, Junichi Sato, and Shogo Koumoto, produced by Hal Film Maker

2 comments:

  1. Can we suggest videos? I have a playlist of my own on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'd love to review more videos. Now I can't say how fast I'll get to them, but I'm always willing to look at more. If I've already got the video lined up, then I'll say as such.

      Just leave a comment on the most recent review, either with the name and creator or a link (not embedded) and I'll look into it. :3

      Delete